Mississippi DUI Attorney
Accused of Driving Under the Influence?
If you are facing charges for drunk driving, you can turn to the Miller Law Offices. When your rights, driving privileges, and freedom are all on the line, our Mississippi DUI attorney is here to fight for your future. Attorney Keith Miller is a former prosecutor, backed by insider knowledge on how the other side operates.
We have over 20 years of experience defending clients in criminal cases and can craft a case that proactively prepares for the prosecutor’s every tactic and maneuver. If you or a loved one has been arrested for a DUI, know that we offer the proven defense you urgently need.
Request your free case evaluation online now.
Former Prosecutor with Advanced Training
As a member of the National College of DUI Defense, Keith has undergone the advanced training. Certified in the use of the Intoxilyzer 8000, he understands how breath tests are conducted. Even if you failed a breath test, he has the insider knowledge to call these often unreliable results into question. Truly no case is too difficult for our seasoned DUI defense firm. Find out how we can fight for your future today.
Superior Qualifications. Proven Victories.
Our Mississippi DUI lawyer can help you with matters such as:
- First DUI
- Felony DUIs
- DUI causing injury or death
- Driver’s license suspension
- Breath test refusal
- Ignition interlock device
Begin Building Your DUI Defense Today!
When you need tenacious, high-caliber defense, you can rely on the Miller Law Offices. We bring two decades of battle-tested, insightful advocacy to every DUI defense case, and we have the results to prove it. No matter how overwhelming the evidence against you may seem, we may still be able to get your charges reduced or even dismissed. There is always a defense. And you deserve the strongest defense possible.
Discuss the details of your case with our Mississippi DUI attorney in a FREE consultation!
Tips for DUI Checkpoints
If you drive around Mississippi roads for long enough, you are bound to run into a police sobriety checkpoint. In fact, if you’ve never experienced one, chances are you know someone who has. While not regularly practiced in every state, in Mississippi, it is a popular tool used by police to catch motorists who are driving while under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs.
If you encounter a police checkpoint, it is important to understand your rights. Below are four tips to help you stay on the right side of the law when going through a sobriety checkpoint:
- Be careful about what you say: In any interaction with the police, be careful not to give away any more information than is necessary. In fact, beyond basic identifying and insurance information, you may not need to say anything further. If an officer continues in their line of questioning, you can state that you are invoking your Fourth Amendment right to remain silent.
- Remain polite and comply with basic requests: While you do not have to answer an officer’s every question, do your best to remain calm, collected, and courteous. On one hand, this can help to demonstrate that you have nothing to hide. It can also help prevent your behavior from being interpreted as aggressive or resistant.
- Searches may require consent: An officer might escalate an interaction past basic questions and ask to search you or your vehicle. While it may sound like a command, the officer actually needs your consent unless he or she possesses a warrant. You are not required to participate.
- Field sobriety tests are voluntary: Field sobriety tests also require your consent. Common tests include the one-leg stand, the walk and turn, and the horizontal gaze nystagmus test. These tests are not only voluntary, they can also be inaccurate and unscientific. In fact, your participation may only serve to give an officer evidence to use against you in the courtroom.
DUI Attorney in Mississippi
While following these tips may help to keep you safe, if an officer has made the choice to place you under arrest, there is little that you may be able to do to prevent it. You do not have to talk to the police about your case without legal representation and at Miller Law Offices, we can build a powerhouse defense. Our Mississippi DUI attorneys understand how to defend against charges stemming from sobriety checkpoints and can help you to understand the nature of your case.
We also practice the following criminal defense cases:
- Criminal Defense
- Drug Crimes
- Sexual Assault
- Violent Crimes
- Property Crimes
- Traffic Offense
Do you have questions about your case? Call (888) 424-8132 or contact us online to get started on your defense.
Offers Free Initial Case Evaluations
High-Powered & Well-Versed Litigator
Proven Track Record of Success
Certified to Use an Intoxilyzer 8000
Handled over 10,000 Misdemeanor Cases
Over 20 Years of Legal Experience